Thursday, June 4, 2009

What's the difference

Well good old MSNBC is at it again, in my nightly flipping, I was caught by hearing the phrase "domestic terrorism." So against my better judgement I watched a few minutes and learned what they were talking about. The were referring to the guy who killed the abortion doctor this weekend. Now as I have stated before I think abortion is wrong but so is what this guy did. And I have no problem with anyone referring to this guy and the ultra right wing groups that support this behavior as terrorists. My first question after hearing relentless dribble from this network and others is why do they refer to the prisoners at Gitmo as "detainees"???? Also the same day they reported the story about the guy that was arrested for killing a soldier and wounding another at a recruiting office. He was never referred to as a terrorist, in fact the only time the word terrorist was used was when they said he was being charged with committing a terrorist act.
Every movement has its fringe elements and the pro lifers did themselves harm by not aggressively denouncing this doctor's murder. But for this kooky network to aggressively label this guy as a terrorist and not do the same to others that are more worthy of the name only adds to my belief that MSNBC is a joke.
Thank goodness I am one of the tens of people watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment