Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ugly Business

A recent response to my first few posts suggested that I scrap the serious stuff and stick with the funny stuff, so I will try to be more funny about serious topics.
After watching the news in the past few weeks I am left with a question. When did everyone get so upset about torturing terrorists? It is like we just discovered what was going on, are you kidding me? We have known since September the 12th 2001 that we were strong-arming these guys for information. Now the opinion seems to be, thanks to no small part by the liberal media, that torture is wrong. Do you expect me to believe that any normal person would not pull out the bucket of water if they thought that they could save lives by preventing attacks. Of course you would, you would make Jack Bauer look like a Sunday school teacher. And water boarding?? This is like torture-lite, did anyone see what they did to Leonardo Dicaprio at the end of Body of Lies, or Mel Gibson in Payback, now that is torture. We all saw the picture of the guy that looked like Ron Jeremy. It looks like they started on him by pushing his body through the neck hole of his shirt. And the look on his face, he knew what was coming and so did we, no one spoke up then.
But now that the old administration is out let the piling on begin, but there is one thing we can count on just as sure as the sun rising in the morning, let a politician talk long enough and they will tell you that feet are an acquired taste. Nancy Pelosi can tell you that, the CIA lied to her, why just her? She expects us to believe this? Don't get me wrong, the CIA does lie and I hope they are good at it, but only to the bad guys. Tie someone to a chair and listen to her talk, they will be begging to be water boarded. Oh and by the way, how about the unknown numbers that were sent to other countries to be interrogated, like Egypt, where there are no rules. I don't hear anyone crying for them and I'm sure more than a few of that bunch redefined suffering.
The bottom line is that this is all a dirty business, it was possible that our leaders know more than we did, and that is fine with me, I have enough stuff to worry about. And after the past few days it seems like someone else now knows what some may not have. These are extreme people that are devoted to their beliefs, some of those beliefs include killing all of those who do not think, feel, or pray the same way they do. Maybe that is the reason that the President decided not to release the pictures, maybe this is the reason that the camp at Gitmo will stay open a little longer.
Call me crazy but I expect my government to protect me and the did for seven years after 9/11, so be it if had to do some bad things to some bad people keep this country safe.
This is an ugly business, unfortunately we can not stop until they do. Just remember one thing, they started it.

No comments:

Post a Comment