Monday, August 24, 2009

Be careful

This is more of a cautionary tale, I have been selling stuff on E Bay for the past five years. I think it is a great way to get rid of the stuff you no longer need or use and a good way to make a little money. I from time to time sell stuff for my friends, I take a small percentage, usually just enough to cover my costs. I was recently sent an offer to join the E Bay Seller's Lounge. Sounded pretty groovy, I envisioned a smoke filled bar with jazz in the back ground, hanging out with a bunch of cool cats talking about E Bay. Now I do not know how affiliated this entity is with E Bay, I e-mailed a complaint about this organization and it is the only time they have never responded to me. Anyway, the membership comes with a disc, I quickly realized that I did not need this "mess" and cancelled the membership. Problem solved, right?? WRONG!!
Somehow my information was passed along to the Product Resource Network, if you go to their web-site you will see E Bay logos all over the place. They send an e mail saying that you have to cancel your membership or your credit card will be charged. You have to call a number, which I did. One of the first things they ask for is account information, I thought it was a scam and hung up. A few weeks pass and I notice a charge, a little over thirty bucks on my account. I call my bank and got a number, which I called and cancelled the account. "Your refund will be posted in 5-10 days," I was told. WRONG!
Now I consider myself to be pretty on line savy, I do a lot of business on line and it is very safe but Product Resource Network is a scam and it looks like they have managed to drag E Bay into the mud with them, buyer beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment