Monday, May 4, 2009

To MSNBC or not to MSNBC

I have taken advantage of my chance to watch a lot of news lately, especially since the election. I have seen some strange transformations on some channels. Now let me get this out of the way, I do not like watching the non stop 24 hour news networks. I consider myself fair and if you ask anyone who knows me they will tell you that I give it to you exactly how I want to hear it, straight down the middle. If the truth is going to hurt then don't ask me.


From what I have seen the major networks are pretty much the same, they lean as hard to the left as they can get away with, no big surprise. Fox News is pretty much the same, Sean Hannity was better with Alan Combs, Bill Oreily's show has gotten better. I used to hate his show, it annoys me when someone asks a question and will not let the guest answer the question. You would think that someone who was on the radio three hours a day would be tired of talking so much. He has gotten better at that so I watch it a little more now.
CNN, well, it's CNN. We all have seen the footage of the reporter arguing with the man at the Tea Party. I have to admit, even for CNN this is a new low. Ask yourself, what would have been the reaction if a reporter acted like that to a person at the million man march? Still no suprise, CNN crossed the line a long time ago.


The network that has left the reservation is without a doubt MSNBC, what an embarrassment, there morning show is one of the worst ever, I used to enjoy Pat Buchanan when he was on the McLaughlin Group. (better show than any mentioned in this post by the way) He is obviously just collecting a paycheck, that and I think he really does not like Eleanor Clift. He always challenged her on that show but now on MSNBC he looks like a heel hound, no fight left, maybe running for president 20 times has taken its toll.


MSNBC only seems to exist because of Fox News, I have never heard another network mention the competition so much. I watched the other night and they mentioned Fox News so many times, if I were a casual viewer I would have wanted to turn it to Fox.


The two prime time shows are the same, Keith Olberman, the sixties are over dude. You were great on ESPN, but leave the agenda at home. No one is watching anyway, I guess for the same reason that no one listens to Air America. Then after his show you are treated to the same show except this one has the lady that looks like the catcher on the softball team. Her rhetoric is the same, it is like they have the same outline for both shows, bash Bush, say "tea bag" and giggle, take a shot at Palin, and so on and so on.



They seem to just want to talk about everyone they don't like and what they think they are doing wrong, but as I wrote earlier, no one is watching anyway. These networks always mention or have a guest from moveon.org, who needs to move on here? The fact is MSNBC is more entertaining when they spoof it on Saturday Night Live.

They remind me of the little dog chasing the car, they wouldn't know what to do if they ever catch one.

No comments:

Post a Comment