Saturday, March 13, 2010

Just a thought

I know it has been a while since my last post but in my defense I have been working about 60 hours a week. It seems to me that there has been a lot of loss lately and as we all get older we will have to deal with more of it. Now, I am, in no way depressed and I don't think there is anyone else in my life that is either. But life has a way of giving us examples on how to deal with it and how to act before our time comes. I will always remember a story I read in the News & Observer some time after 9/11. It was about a man from North Carolina who was in New York that morning. He was late for a meeting near the World Trade Center and snapped at the bell-hop because he felt the man was not trying hard enough to get him a cab. The building he was in collapsed and he was trapped under a stairwell, thinking he was going to die. All he could think about was how he treated that man at the hotel. He thought to himself that he was going to die and that man thought he was a jerk. He then realized, that if he made it out alive he was going to treat everyone as if he would never see them again. What a great philosophy. That is why I always tell my parents that I love them every time I talk to them. You never know. Always try to be a positive influence when ever you are around others you may never get another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment